The fertilizers are used to improve the fertility of the land using biological wastes, hence the term biofertilizers, and biological wastes do not contain any chemicals which are detrimental to the living soil. They are extremely beneficial in enriching the soil with those micro-organisms, which produce organic nutrients for the soil and help combat diseases. The farm produce does not contain traces of hazardous and poisonous materials.
Bio-fertilizers are used to supplement chemical fertilizers as also to maintain soil fertility; besides the following:-
- Bio-Fertilizers are supplement to Chemical Fertilizers.
- Bio-Fertilizers are cheap and can reduce the cost of cultivation.
- Fix Biological Nitrogen in the soil, which is readily available to the plant.
- Increase crop yield by 30-50% on an average.
- Improve soil properties and sustain soil fertility.
- Provides plant nutrient at low cost and useful for the consecutive crops.